[rescue] pointless rant -- difficult machines

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sat May 4 17:20:25 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 12:01:56AM -0400, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> > i won't change the oil in my Xterra until i get the new skid plates (full
> > underside armor as opposed to the half-assed job Nissan did) since the stock
> > one has to be removed to get to the oil filter.  the one from Skid Row that
> > replaces that one has a hole in it for changing the oil.
>
> Isn't there a chance a heavy stick or small stump could go through the hole?

Skid Row has been making skid plates for the Xterra since the Xterra was
introduced into the market, and i haven't heard any complaints about it.
that said, i'm a bit paranoid about vehicle damage since i just happen to
have really bad luck with vehicles getting fucked up, so more likely than
not i will go over to my friend's place and fashion a cover plate for the
hole.  4 screws is better than the millions of screws the plate currently
has. ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --