[rescue] Sun CDROM rehash resurrected Q

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Sat May 4 14:08:41 CDT 2002

I know this used to come up time and time again in sun forums, but is there
a reasonably current Sun CDROM FAQ ?

I understand the issue of 512 v 2048 block size, but was this a SunOS issue
only?  also a Solaris issue? or a sparc hardware a/o 'bios' issue (sorry..
all I can think of is 'Open Firmware' .... what can I say.. I;m a mac guy)

I'm asking, cause my old cute SunCD hanging on my IPX running 4.1.3 died
(actually the CD works.. its internal SCSI ID circuitry of the drive seems
broken!)

But the Sun CDROM FAQ I found on the web ended in 1996!

Les Connally
lesliec at theplanet.com