[rescue] IPX at 170 (was: Smallest Sun 13W3 monitor)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 4 08:30:14 CDT 2002

> ...the IPXs at school run at 170mhz and report themselves as SS5s.
> And now, a year later than I expected it to be happening, they are
> goinging up for silent auction.  I just need to find the auction
> information...

If you ever do, please let me know--those aren't really IPXs anymore
as they've been upgraded with the lunchbox-style version of the
Cycle5 upgrade.  That was a pretty rare one (I've only seen one,
in an IPC chassis IIRC) and I'd love to pick up one of these.  A
SS5/170 in a lunchbox would be fun to have.

On the original topic: If all you're doing is reading logs on screen,
then I must be missing something...why not just syslog to a loghost
(another box with more storage, since putting lots of storage in/on
an IPX can be challenging) and view them there?  Preferably using
swatch or something similar to flag the actually useful/important
log entries...

  --Rip