[rescue] SunOS 4 install

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Sat May 4 06:06:37 CDT 2002

I have been long wanting to try tunning a real old SunOS on the sparc 1+
I have. If just to see how it works and what it looks like.

I have the 4.1.1 rev b install CD.

I can boot off it, label a disk enough to get it to install miniroot on
it and boot from that and go to suninstall (should I?) but then it fails
running the format script. You always end up with slice h (I think)
outside boundaries.

Anyone wouldnt know of a guide or other tips on how this should be done?

I have ST31200N in it now, but I could use a TR84SO11 or even the
ST5660N it came with (had Solaris 6, no media for that).

So far it's still running NetBSD off another disk in the JBOD box.

--
I believe that there is a special room in Tarterus reserved for Brian Eno,
in which a Windows '95 machine constantly reboots itself, displays clouds,