[rescue] Re: Re: FC25 cards for SSA 114

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri May 3 23:49:20 CDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Big Endian wrote:

> >Yeah, you figure that out after trying to move them solo a couple of
> >times.  I'm fairly sure that they weigh in at over 100# when full of
> >discs, which really isn't -that- heavy, but they're so hard to get a good
> >grip on.
>
> Unless you happen to weigh just over 100 your self.

Uh oh, here comes the "biggest sunrescuer" thread again. :)

I think I estimated shipping weight as packaged at 186 pounds, but that
seems a bit high (my arms are sore, not detached). I had a shipment of 5
U30s (40# each or so), 2 24" sun monitors (107# each or so), and 4 SSA
114s, and total weight was 1159#. I might be a bit off on the U30s, but
that should be pretty close.

> >They suck a lot of power, too.  900W, if I remember correctly.  Of course,
> >I considered that "a lot of power" when it only had 30gb of storage in it,

Yow. Maybe I won't run two at home then. Not sure I have 8A to spare :)

Does anyone know if/where the PCI FC25 card exists? Or is it another
unobtainium component?

--Rob