[rescue] Re: FC25 cards for SSA 114

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri May 3 22:02:12 CDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> We ALWAYS moved them in pieces.  One person carrying each drive tray,
> one person carrying power supplies, the other guy with the chassis.

Yeah, you figure that out after trying to move them solo a couple of
times.  I'm fairly sure that they weigh in at over 100# when full of
discs, which really isn't -that- heavy, but they're so hard to get a good
grip on.

They suck a lot of power, too.  900W, if I remember correctly.  Of course,
I considered that "a lot of power" when it only had 30gb of storage in it,
but it was one of the fastest 30GB volumes I'd ever used.  Filling one of
those up with 18GB or 36GB discs would be fun.

--Jonathan