[rescue] pointless rant -- difficult machines

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 3 09:58:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:21:57AM -0400, Chad Fernandez wrote:

> My 99 full size Chevy is sorta like that, but I have to climb underneath
> to get to it.  Due to the angle, most of the oil in the filter dumps
> onto one of the frame rails during removal.  I've been wanting to go
> with a remote filter, but haven't yet.

this reminds me of my '87 G20 Chevy 3/4 ton van.  the oil filter was placed
just right so that all the extra oil would run down the A-arm and drip all
over the place.  usually on me.

i won't change the oil in my Xterra until i get the new skid plates (full
underside armor as opposed to the half-assed job Nissan did) since the stock
one has to be removed to get to the oil filter.  the one from Skid Row that
replaces that one has a hole in it for changing the oil.

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --