[rescue] RS/6000 370 vs 250

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Thu May 2 17:17:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> There's a slight chance that I might be able to pick up a model 370.
> If what I've been hearing is correct, the POWER @ 62.5MHz in the 370
> should be faster than the PowerPC 601 @ 80MHz in the 250 that I
> currently have. Are there any gotchas I should be aware of?  It's
> ex-government, but it's local government, so it might contain all the
> discs and memory.

It's no contest.  The POWER-based system will outrun the PowerPC without
breaking a sweat.  The only thing about the 7012-370 is that it is
significantly larger and pulls more power than a 7011-250.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"