[rescue] Sun 711

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed May 1 19:54:19 CDT 2002

Okay, I just read the HDBOXX spec sheet and there is no way in hell they are
streaming 300MB/s. They have a single dual channel U160 controller on a
single PCI bus. Since they don't mention it as a feature, Im going to guess
its a 32 bit 33 mhz bus. The MAXIMUM theoretical limit of a 32 bit 33 mhz
bus is 125MB per second.

And its going in to 10 drvies. Split over the two channels that's five
drives per channel which means once again nbo way are they sustaining
300MB/s

They are saying that they have 360gb capacity for appx 50 minutes. Thats 7
or so GB per minute which is only 116MB/s

Chris Byrne