[rescue] Sun 711

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Wed May 1 19:16:15 CDT 2002

I had my doubts about the MPX, but I didn't see any dual Xeon boards on
Intel's site (I was thinking Intel boards when I was thinking Intel chips).

I was surprised when he said they got 150MB/s per 160MB/s card, but that's
what he said. I will probably get a quote for 3 cards and see what he says.
Any recommendations on RAID cards? We only need RAID 0.

I had planned on 2GB of system memory, and we always buy SMP. Xeon's would
be interesting (we don't have any P4 systems right now).

thanks
shawn