[rescue] Uses for home networks

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Mar 31 15:22:33 CST 2002

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 04:07:55PM -0500, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:
>     I am sure most of us have moderately sized(4+ computer) networks at
> home. I am just wondering what some people do with all their power. I don't
> really like rc5 stuff because its not individual and you don't getneat
> frequent results. I was looking into 3d rendering but I was unable to find a
> good program that supports lots of archs and OSes. I'd prefer something that
> can run on older systems as well as new and distribute itself for one
> result.

Most of my systems sit idle unless I'm using them.  The Mac gets used
primarily for iMovie and A/V stuff; the "other" Windows box is used only
to convert stuff from the Mac to MPEG (since iMovie only does Quicktime,
and QTPro wont export MPEG), my U10 is the home DNS/web server and "toy around
with new projects" box; this Windows machine is used for SSH and web
browsing and games, etc...  I only use one machine at a time, unless
i'm on one machine SSHed into another.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford