[rescue] ELC questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 30 18:31:25 CST 2002

On March 30, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Just got an ELC, my first ever! Anyway, my understanding is this is like an
> SS1 built into a monocrome monitor. does it have internal disk? I see a SCSI
> port on the back but see no disk mountinf space. Will it boot from external
> disk?

  No internal disk.  It's significantly faster than an SS1 but still
slower than an SS2.  The numbers, as I recall:

  PROC    MIPS
  ----    ----
  SLC	  10.7
  SS1     14.3
  SS1+    18.7
  ELC     24.0
  SS2	  28.5

  These are getting very fuzzy, but they're at least close.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar