[rescue] Sun1

maxadam at uchicago.edu maxadam at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 29 23:35:11 CST 2002

Hello, I am in possession of a sun1, I believe it's a 100u, pictures can be seen
here:

http://www.trefonides.com/sun1

it is purported to be the fourth piece of hardware that left Sun's doors, I am
working to build a "zoo" of old Unix HW, and this would be the centerpiece, so
I'm pretty hot to get it up.

I have had no luck getting it to boot, it powers on, but the display does not
light and I have had no luck with my wyse term so I cannot see were it stops in
the post ... my questions are these:

1. does anyone know how to read the blink code?

2. I have been told by a guy at sun that it used a wyse 925 terminal, does
anyone know which terms suport emmulation for 925?  How do I convince an old
wyse to go into 925 mode?

3. does anyone have access to any docs for this?  I will pay for xeroxing or
shipping so I can copy it if it's not for sale ...

TIA!

--
max