[rescue] Sbus Frame Buffers

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Mar 29 15:42:06 CST 2002

On March 29, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> I am trying to triple head my SS20. I have three TurboXGX (501-2325) cards,
> but two of the three have tabs sticking up from the plate the connector is
> on (so does the Sun Video card (501-2232) I plan to install into the
> machine). The third one (from the SS20 originally) doesn't. I have tried to
> install the other two, but I haven't been able to. After looking at the
> machine and the cards, I can't see them fitting in any of the slots. Do I
> have to file the tabs off? Is their any other difference?

  All but the very earliest Sbus cards have those tabs on a removable
"bar" held on by two tiny screws...are yours of this type?  If so,
remove those two screws and the bar containing the tabs will come off.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar