[rescue] really fuckin' fast proprietary interconnection bus

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Fri Mar 29 14:35:40 CST 2002

> > wasn't *ALL* of Tandem's gear just rebadged SGI hardware?  or at least a
> large
> > portion of their machines were.  and NonStop-OS was just a bunch of HA
> gunk
> > on top or IRIX.
> >
> > or have i been smoking crack again?  it *has* been almost 10 years since
> i've
> > even thought about Tandem gear. :)
>
> You're on crack and you're not sharing..  Guardian90/NonStop-OS had
> nothing to do with Irix.  The Himalaya and Cyclone series of machines used
> a proprietary microcode-based processor and a really fuckin' fast
> proprietary interconnection bus.

 A very nice interconnection bus, I think it sounded something like non-
blocking crossbar switched 400Mbps topology. I've got three of those Servernet
II cards, but am missing cables to put the stuff together. If I read the doc
correctly, I can connect the cards directly to one another. However I'm missing
the appropriate cables, does anyone know where to get such stuff
(cheap/Europe)?

  Michiel