[rescue] Tandem badged Indigo2

Marc Zyngier mzyngier at freesurf.fr
Fri Mar 29 03:38:39 CST 2002

Hi all,

I rescued yesterday my first SGI system ! A complete Indigo2, 150MHz
R4400, 64MB, with screen, keyboard, bells and whistles...

One strange thing about this machine is that the front panel reads
TANDEM instead of Indigo2 ! Apart from that, it looks like a standard
Indigo2, running 5.3, except for une thing :

After spending an hour removing dust accumulated in this system, I
noticed that the audio subsystem isn't present ! On the rear, the
place where audio connectors should be is obturated with a steel
plate, and there is an empty connector on the motherboard.

Is this missing connector/card hard to find ? I'd love to give my
Indigo2 its audio capabilities back !

        M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.