[rescue] need IRIX CD (C Front End CD)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 27 13:24:25 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, David Passmore wrote:
> < 7.3 will install and compile without a license.
>
> >= 7.3 will install, but will not compile without a FlexLM license
> installed.

Incorrect.  The behavior is generally identical to previous versions--it
just gripes a lot louder.  I have 7.3.12 installed without a license, and
it builds just fine.  I have attempted installing with a 30-day license,
and installing without a license.  The only difference is in the error
message.

> All the licenses I have are nodelocked to machines I no longer have. I
> also have 7.3 media, but it won't do you a lick of good without an
> applicable license.

Or a creative shellscript to redirect the bitch-message to /dev/null while
preserving errors and return-status. :)

--Jonathan