[rescue] Accidentally destroying hardware..

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Mar 27 09:16:20 CST 2002

Chad Fernandez wrote:

> Damascus steel isn't all that great compared to modern steels, However.
> At least that's what I've heard about it, concerning gun barrels.

Yes - but a gun barrell isn't a good application for Damascus steel.  It
can be made incredibly sharp and strong, however, it doesn't lend itself
well to machining and casting as you would need for gun barrells - in
fact, I don't believe that Damascus steel *can* be cast as it ends up
being something else.  Damascus steel is more of a method of making
steel, combined with the materials used - not just the mezmerizing
texture...

Kurt