[rescue] need IRIX CD (C Front End CD)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Mar 26 22:43:03 CST 2002

> ERROR: Conflicts must be resolved.
>
> Overlay product ftn_eoe.sw64.libblas (1275539210) cannot be installed

Fortran?  do you really want to install Fortran?  FWIW, I didn't install
any of the Fortran bullshit - because I don't need it.  The C and C++
stuff ssems to be totally independent.

> c_fe.sw.c cannot be installed because of missing prerequisites:
>
> c_fe.man.c cannot be installed because of missing prerequisites:
>
> c++_fe.sw.c++ cannot be installed because of missing prerequisites:

Okay - that's the same problem I had.  inst doesn't report that theres
an insufficient rev of the C and C++ libraries.  I've found that you
*must* *explicitly* tell inst (or swmanager) to update these, as it may
choose not to - depending on the color of your shirt.

I'll look into it, maybe you can borrow my chicken and incense - if all
else fails.

> ftn_eoe.sw64.libblas (1275539210) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base
>
> ftn_eoe.sw.libblas (1275539210) is incompatible with eoe.sw.base

More Fortran.  I didn't install any of it - your choice, of course.

> GOD DAMMIT ALL I WANT IS TO INSTALL MIPSPRO IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!

Yes.  Apparently.

Lemme see what I did.  I'll update in a few...

Kurt