[rescue] Re: Re: Re: need IRIX CD (C Front End CD) (George Adkins)

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Tue Mar 26 12:20:56 CST 2002

> > 6.5 comes with MIPSpro 7.2.1 you just need a key to unlock it, with the
> > exception of these three packages that only seem to be missing when
> > attempting to go to 7.3.12.  but you have a completely functional copy of
> > 7.2.1 available to you with the IRIX media.  you just can't use it. ;(
> >
> well, you can if you have a key...
> <grin>

 Mipspro is downloadable from a maintenance server, I think this ftp://patches-
europe.sgi.com/support/patchset/MIPSpro_7.2.1_Compilers/ is a complete set
(there is also an American server and probably an Asian). Mipspro without
license will generate a warning but will still compile for versions <7.3
according to SGI. According to groups.google the newest versions will still
compile. I assume you have found the fec by now?

  Michiel