[rescue] SS20 Ethernet

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Tue Mar 26 06:55:08 CST 2002

Hiya,

OK, so trying to clean up and consolidate my "Data Center" (basement)
yesterday, I replaced the two Cat5 cables that had been connecting my
main desktop to the Cisco 2900. Two Cat5s with a connector, that is,
making them long enough to reach. Replaced with a single lo-o-ong cable.

Now there's no Ethernet on the machine. Period. I tested the new cable
and it's fine. I tried the old cable and a number of others on the SS20,
and no joy there.

Interestingly, the link light on the Cisco is on. It does what it
should, coming on at boot time and off when the machine is down.

le0: No carrier - twisted pair cable problem or hub link test disabled?

Thoughts? Ideas? Snide comments?

Is the tpe on the system board hosed?

Anyone got an SS20 system board for sale?

Waaahhh!

---sambo