[rescue] FA: PDP11 Qbus cards CPU and Memory

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 25 18:23:57 CST 2002

On March 25, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > > That thing also came in a case w/PSU with an LSI-11 label on it.
> >
> >   Really!  A case that wasn't designed to be embedded as a processor?
>
> I don't know what it was designed for -- but it worked just fine in an
> un-embedded mode sitting alone on the table with a power cord and a
> serial line plugged into it.

  And so did my SBC-11/21, with wires soldered to the card-edge
connectors to give it power.  That didn't make it an "LSI-11" instead
of a "PDP-11".

> > Got pictures?
>
> nope -- that was long ago -- about 1982 or so....

  Hmm, no, I didn't think so.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar