[rescue] FA: PDP11 Qbus cards CPU and Memory

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Mar 25 14:40:27 CST 2002

[ On Monday, March 25, 2002 at 04:01:36 (-0500), Dave McGuire wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] FA: PDP11 Qbus cards CPU and Memory
>
>   Oh, come on Greg.  I've got one sitting in storage, a first-run 11/03.
> It doesn't say "LSI" on the front.  Indeed, I have three other
> PDP-11/03 systems, and NONE of them say "LSI-11" on the front.
> Neither do my PDP-11/23 systems, nor does the PDP-11/23 PLUS.
> "LSI-11" is a processor, not a system.  Some PDP-11 systems are built
> around LSI-11 processors.

Dave, you are not an authority on all things DEC any more than I am.

You're showing off your USA-centric pig-headed superiority complex, big
time.

Just because you didn't have an LSI-11 "badged" SYSTEM, doesn't mean
nobody ever did.  Certainly the one I had was no figment of my
imagination!  Remember that we live in different countries.  DEC had
large manufacturing facilities in Canada (and the same goes for other
counties on the other side of the pond).  Not everything we had here was
derived from, shipped to, or marketed in the same way, as it was down
south of our border.

> > Ah, yes, on that point you're absolutely right --  the Professional 300
> > series used the "CTI-bus"

(not to be confused with the modern H.100 Computer Telephony Integration
bus, of course)

>   Ahh, finally a name for that bus!

You bought and sold and used them and never knew the name for the bus!?!?!?

something there is unbelievable.....

>   Fucking idiot.

likewise, I'm sure.

If I'm "argumentative and adversarial", what the hell do you call
someone like you who's ever so much more of the same, but with a
distinctly agressive and emotionally driven bent to the extent that I
don't think I've ever observed you in an argument where you haven't
resorted quite quickly to ad hominem attacks.  Just like this one.

--
								Greg A. Woods