[rescue] Oh, It gets better! (Was : Well, isn't that special . )

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 25 14:13:07 CST 2002

~ > I have always like Motorola, especially if doing voice over
~ frame relay. I
~ > find Nortel (Bay/Wellfleet) difficult to deal with from the
~ command-line,
~ > but once programmed enough to see an ethernet port their gui works.
~
~ I always figured Nortel would come out on top of the VoFR stuff, since
~ they got all that when they bought Micom (The Netrunners & Marathons
~ always had, IMO, the best sounding VoFR implementation).  I
~ was amazed at
~ what kind of quality they could squeeze out of a 56K CIR
~ frame circuit.

I REALLY thought they'd be the one considering that Nortel bought them. I
was working for a huge Nortel dealer (for phone stuff) and we played with
their Bay/Wellfleet stuff in evals but hated it. Basically, Nortel raped
Bay/Micom for knowlege/patents and moved that stuff to some funky/shitty
VoIP cards for the Option series phone switches.