[rescue] Oh, It gets better! (Was : Well, isn't that special.)

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Mon Mar 25 12:53:12 CST 2002

> Recently aquired two cisco wa-C301T S-Bus FDDI interfaces.
>
> Cisco, however, in their infinitessimal wisdom, wants me to buy a service
> contract on two 10 year old NIC's before they will *Allow* me to download
> the Solaris drivers.

I talk to the Service Contract 'People', and I find out that they won't sell
me a service contract for the parts, since they are not installed in Cisco
Equipment...

you can't have the driver without a service contract...
you can't have a service contract, even if you wanted to pay for it...
you can't have the driver (Besides, we're going to EOL it in Jan of 2003!)

FSCKing Cisco...  and to think I was going to buy Cisco routers to connect
the California and Florida remote offices when their connectivity comes up
online.

Who else makes decent routers?

George