[rescue] Slightly OT

Dan Debertin airboss at nodewarrior.org
Sun Mar 24 23:05:25 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd writes:

 > I'd go with NetBSD, except it looks like it will never have the
 > graphics capabilities I need.

Don't despair. Lurking on port-sparc at netbsd.org lately has been fun --
somebody has just fixed two long-outstanding PRs that (supposedly)
cause 24-bit color to work on SX and TCX framebuffers. I haven't
played with these diffs, but it's nice to know somebody's working on
graphics for the sparc arch, which has been in an 8-bit,
colormap-starved ghetto for too long.

I'm sure OpenBSD will incorporate (that's nice-talk for "steal") these
changes soon after NetBSD does, so you'll be left with the same choice
;).

Dan
--
Dan Debertin