[rescue] Thoughts on system noise...

Innfomail at aol.com Innfomail at aol.com
Sun Mar 24 21:14:22 CST 2002

I can't remember the title of the story but in the book "Tales from the White
Hart" by Arthur C. Clarke an engineer makes a sound canceling machine. IIRC
this is the same technology used in the new Noise Canceling headphones.

It involves generating sound waves with an opposite Polarity? so that the two
waves cancel each other out.

It seems to me that this could be applied to both fan sounds and drive whine,
particularly since they are often constant.

Another opportunity for a creative engineer.

Paxton
Astoria, Oregon