[rescue] Am I stupid? or does NetBSD not support i386 smp?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 19 23:53:39 CST 2002

On March 20, George Adkins wrote:
> >   SMP on i386, VAX, and Alpha have been stable for some time.
> >
> Right, but the question I *asked* was when?
>
> a.  Locking

  I haven't the foggiest idea, I haven't been keeping up with the
finer points.

> b.  Sparc (hopefully ultrasparc too)

  There's been a reasonable level of cvs commit activity going on, but
as usual (and this is the one thing that I HATE about NetBSD) nobody's
talking.  It's all gotta be a BIIIIG SECRET.  I have no idea what
motivates this behavior, but it sure is irritating.

  I'm sorry I don't have better answers.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Watch those lateral G's man,
St. Petersburg, FL               I've got sandwiches in my lap!" -Sridhar