[rescue] Personal seating preferences

Jeff Borisch jborisch at columbus.rr.com
Tue Mar 19 02:07:20 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> And me in my 1981-vintage (I turned it over and the production date sticker
> says '81) Steelcase chair:

Aeron's need to be babied if they are to last. I can't tell you how many
Aeron's I've sat in that had the arms all tweaked to hell, and they rocked
in the pedestal when you shift your weight. That drives me up the wall.

> http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/chair/
>
> Plus, I can get them for $35-50.

That's a fair deal.

I got a steelcase chair that an ex-steelcase designer says is ca. 1950,
based on the design of the ID stickers. Can't find a real date on it for
sure.

$29.95

Still rock solid after 50 years of abuse from disgruntled state workers.
(ex. Property of Franklin Co.)

--jeff