[rescue] Urgent - 12-way SGI Power Challenge XL server, please help

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 18 01:05:34 CST 2002

Hi Guys

This is my first post to the list so please forgive me if I break any of the list's protocols.

I have an opportunity to rescue a 12-way SGI Power Challenge XL system tomorrow afternoon (12 * 200MHz, 6 x 9GB diff SCSI). It is a complete system except for one thing - it is missing the system memory board from inside the main server cabinet.

In order to determine if this system is worth rescuing I need to know the following: If I also get an SGI DM Series challenge server with 2GB of ram, can I reuse its memory card inside the SGI Power Challenge XL system? They look similar - but this is something I've never tried before.
I have about 20 hours to find out if this can be done. Please let me know what you think.

With best regards,

Gavin

P.S. I will give more details about myself, this system, and the systems I rescue after I get this urgent problem sorted.