[rescue] Re: Sun Ethernet Device Speed

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Mar 17 18:46:59 CST 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> I forgot to add, the man page for hme says the interface speed
> can be forced, but doesn't say how.

I believe it's by turning off the options you don't want available...

adv_autoneg_cap               (read and write)
adv_100T4_cap                 (read and write)
adv_100fdx_cap                (read and write)
adv_100hdx_cap                (read and write)
adv_10fdx_cap                 (read and write)
adv_10hdx_cap                 (read and write)

If you turn off autoneg and turn off all but adv_100fdx_cap for example,
it will only tell the other end that it can do 100mbps full duplex.
Assuming the other end (another host, hub, swtich) supports that, it
should go into that mode. At least that's what comes to mind... hope it's
right.

--Rob