[rescue] Re: Sun Ethernet Device Speed

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Mar 17 18:40:22 CST 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> Is there any command I can run to show the negotiated speed
> of the hme interface in my Ultra 2 under Solaris 8?

# ndd /dev/hme link_speed

run as root should return '1' for 100mbps, or '0' for 10mbps.

# ndd /dev/hme <variable-to-view>

where <variable-to-view> is one of:

	link_status                   (read only)
	link_speed                    (read only)
	link_mode                     (read only)

should give you useful info. You can see all of the variables to view by
using 'ndd /dev/hme \?' ... in the above, '1' is up, 100mbps, and
full-duplex, respectively.

Hope this helps,
Rob