[rescue] WTB: Ultrix media (fwd)

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 13:30:23 CST 2002

On Sunday 17 March 2002 17:42, you wrote:

> > > Ooooh, gotta be careful with *that* stuff...

No more careful than drinking any other spirit that might vary between
37.5% and 70%. The "flavour" of being drunk on it is slightly different
to normal, but nothing dramatic.

Absinthe has a bad press from history, but the rumoured effects are in
fact very similar to those experienced by chronic alcoholics anyway.

> There's other nice history on that site, too.
> I'm looking forward to finding some.

Mail order is your best bet. I occasionally see Absinthe in
off-licenses here, but it tends to be of the less worthy kind.

You also need to be picky about what kind to buy, as some brands can be
pretty vile. Look around on the web for recommended brands; the better
Spanish brands are supposedly pretty good (the ones I tried were).