[rescue] Interesting Networking question

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Mar 17 00:07:41 CST 2002

> I have  a bit of a problem that's thumbing it's nose at me.
> I have an older Alpha (running NetBSD) that I'm trying to use as a router
> between my firewall, ethernet and FDDI segments.

Thanks to all who replied, I found the problem, it was a stray interface on
the destination machine, accidentaly left configured but not hooked to
anything, it looked to the kernel like the best return route, so it was
blackhole-ing all the traffic from that machine which was supposed to be
going back to the other subnet via the interface it came in on.  Whoops.

George