[rescue] Garh

robert_brooke gravitt brooke at gravitt.org
Fri Mar 15 09:05:07 CST 2002

Joshua,

What kinda connection do you have to the internet? I'll just _send_ you the bleedin' disk images for every system up to 9.1.2, OK?

Message: 16
From: Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:32:53 -0500
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: [rescue] Garh

So, I got a "CD Install Me First" for the 840Av, and I ran it.  This is MacOS
7.1.  Perfect.  Except, now I have even less networking support.  It seems
that the Internet Connection Kit (which has MacTCP on the disk) doesn't work
with anything older than 7.5.1, but the next step after 7.1 I have is 7.6.
Me thinks it is time to try to burn the 7.5 updates on CD, maybe.

Also, I copied an extension into the extensions folder, but I don't see it's
icon on startup, and when I run a program that depends on it, it reports that
the extension isn't loaded. How is one supposed to go about debugging this
sort of thing?  Remeber, Mac idiot here.

--
Joshua D. Boyd