[rescue] Garh

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Mar 14 23:32:53 CST 2002

So, I got a "CD Install Me First" for the 840Av, and I ran it.  This is MacOS
7.1.  Perfect.  Except, now I have even less networking support.  It seems
that the Internet Connection Kit (which has MacTCP on the disk) doesn't work
with anything older than 7.5.1, but the next step after 7.1 I have is 7.6.
Me thinks it is time to try to burn the 7.5 updates on CD, maybe.

Also, I copied an extension into the extensions folder, but I don't see it's
icon on startup, and when I run a program that depends on it, it reports that
the extension isn't loaded. How is one supposed to go about debugging this
sort of thing?  Remeber, Mac idiot here.

--
Joshua D. Boyd