[rescue] Quadra 840av questions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Mar 10 01:42:25 CST 2002

> Hmm.  So, if I'm running MacOS 7.6, and I open images for installing
> MacOS 7.0.1, is it going to be friendly with me?  All I can seem to
> find is 7.0,

Sure.  So long as you have the correct version of Disk Copy to auto-mount
the images.

You probably want to rename your System Folder beforehand, so that a new
one is created with only System 7.0/7.5 software.

> 6.x stuff, and I think I see something that allows me to upgrade to
> 7.5.  I want either 7.5.x or 7.1.  I don't know which.  I know that
> 7.1 will work, but I think 7.5.x might be better, if it would actuall
> work.  The most important thing though is that I need Quicktime 2.0,
> and I need to be able to talk over the ethernet to a file server.

You want to snag:
   Older_System/System_7.5_Version_7.5.3/*.bin
   System_7.5.5_Update/Sys_7.5.5_Update-NetInstall.sea.bin

>From the <really-long-url>/Macintosh/System folder on
download.info.apple.com.

Install System 7.5.3, reboot, then install 7.5.5.  I don't see an update
to 7.6.

--Jonathan