[rescue] Punch the Monkey (was: SS2 memory?)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Mar 7 21:25:04 CST 2002

[ On Thursday, March 7, 2002 at 19:53:58 (-0500), George Adkins wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Punch the Monkey (was: SS2 memory?)
>
> I personally found Squid useful for doing things like replacing (with blank
> gray bars) all traffic coming from  ad.* ads.* *.doubleclick.net
> *.flycast.com, etc.

I was going to mention that -- it's another example, at least in the
commonly available implementations that I know of, that'll really drag
an SS2 to its knees.

(Personally I use "block images from server" in Mozilla a lot, though I
really want to extend that to simple string matching over the entire URL
for the various SRC options in the whatever tags, not just hostname
matching.)

--
								Greg A. Woods