[rescue] Punch the Monkey (was: SS2 memory?)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Mar 7 19:15:40 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 07:53:58PM -0500, George Adkins wrote:

> I personally found Squid useful for doing things like replacing (with blank
> gray bars) all traffic coming from  ad.* ads.* *.doubleclick.net
> *.flycast.com, etc.
>
> Sped up the loading of most webpages noticeably when I was on a 33.6 dialup
> line, not to mention eliminating the aggravation of those f#@%*#g banner ads.
> (especially punch the monkey, I'd like to find the idiot that came up with
> THAT stupid and annoying thing and punch *him*)

anyone every try junkbuster?  i've been using it on and off, and it seems to
work fairly well.  it will also block cookie access with a nice deny by default
structure, so you can allow sites that you know you need cookie access to, but
all other cookie requests are blocked.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)