[rescue] OSF1

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Mar 6 22:10:45 CST 2002

> > pound head against wall,
> > remove DEFPA, re-install DEFEA, Find OSF1 disks.
> > Install OSF1, plan on learning new OS....
> > (Expecting OSF1 install to fail before completion...)
>
> Well, if you want I can trade you an AlphaStation 4/233
> which will run all of them.

Actually, I would prefer that the NetBSD team successfully port NetBSD to the
AS2x00 machines, NetBSD has the DEFEA support I'm looking for, it's BSD-style
(as opposed to OSF1 which I understand is sysV style), it's free, it's Open
Source, and it 'Just Works' (usually).

I'd trade it for an AlphaStation 500, (it's a dual proc, dual power supply,
dual storageworks shelf model), but I'd rather just have NetBSD work
correctly on it.  Hey, I wonder if the NetBSD guys would be interested in
time on it for hacking purposes?  I could hang it off a console server by
it's serial port, and give them IP access to it and the console server...

George