[rescue] Alpha Server 2000 4/200 & NetBSD

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Wed Mar 6 19:54:18 CST 2002

I have sitting here the above box, a while back I installed linux on it
but linux does not perform well on this beastie because it only has 64Mb
of RAM.

I've attempted to track down the right modules to get it up to 128Mb,
but haven't had much luck so far.

I've been thinking of giving NetBSD a try on it, but before I go to the
hassle of downloading NetBSD, can anyone tell me if NetBSD runs ok on an
AlphaServer 2000 4/200 with only 64mb of RAM. (from what I can see this
model Alpha is not listed on the NetBSD Alpha site as a working system)

Under linux things like Apache, Roxen, Postres, Squid all spin lock...

Thanks,

:D