[rescue] SS2 memory?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Wed Mar 6 20:06:40 CST 2002

I ran across some 30-pin simms to throw into my SS2.  After plugging in and
"seeing what happens", they ended up being 4M sticks.  And now for the
questions:

1.  The original 4M sticks in this machine consist of 9 chips and the ones I
just added consist of just 3 chips.  What does this mean and what are the
ramifications?  (ha)

2.  Secondly, the first 32M of memory use 80ns chips and the sticks that I
just added use 70ns chips.  Will this cause problems or is it just "bonus"?

BTW, the bootup memory tests passed though I don't put full faith in it.

-E.