[rescue] Hosting Recommendations

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Mar 6 14:28:49 CST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:57:13PM -0600, Jeffrey S. Sharp wrote:

> (2) I'm not too knowledgeable at mail administration; there's a good
> probability that this machine is not as secure as it could be.

Here is the easiest way to tell if a machine is as secure as it could be.
Is rigged so that touching it blows up the entire city, then entombed in
solid cement, buried deep underground, and watched by heavily armed infantry
and rabid dogs?

If you answered no to any of the points, or worse your machine is plugged into
wall power, or horrors, connected to the internet, then it isn't as secure
as it could be.

--
Joshua D. Boyd