[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

judy hertz judy at riotsystems.com
Wed Mar 6 06:54:47 CST 2002

>Message: 3
>Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 14:07:07 -0500
>From: Steve Sandau <ssandau at bath.tmac.com>
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Mac stuff rescue

>>with an ethernet
> > >

>> > Ooh, I'm waiting for an answer to this myself.  Got a couple of
>>IIci'x that
>> > have ethernet cards in them that have both been online at one time or
>> > another, but would be a great bridge to the rest of the minimacs laying
>> > about here.  I'd love to get mini web servers on the macs and have one of
>> > the IIci's be the bridge to the rest of the world.
>>
>> yeah, I think the thing you need for making a printer visible to appletalk
>> over ethernet is called, "laserwriter bridge". the thing you need to bridge
>> the localtalk<--->e-net is called "localtalk bridge". The latter used to be
>> really hard to find on the apple support site, but I think i have a copy of
>> it somewhere. I don't know what os it was last supported under. They are
> > just control panels IIRC.

I have a number of older Macs & printers cobbled onto Ethernet in my
home office....I've been using Asante's adapters for years & they've
been great.....AsanteTalk (<$80 new?) will put your entire LocalTalk
network on Ethernet, although I only use it for my aging HP 4ML. I
also use a FriendlyNet adapter for AAUI-> Ethernet......is this what
you're looking for?

judy