[rescue] HP machines for CRX48Z frame buffer

Rick McMullen rbmcmjr at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 5 08:48:58 CST 2002

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 08:48 am, you wrote:
> The CRX48Z has a card that fits into a 735/755. That card has a
> connector like the one you describe which is connected, via a ribbon
> cable, to an external box that houses the real graphics head.  The
> external box has BNC connectors.
>
> Without the external box you don't have anything useful.  :(

Ah, but there's the beauty.  I have the whole shebang (card, ribbon
cable, RGB BNC cable, and external box) and it only cost $10.00, still
new in the shrink wrap and original package from HP.   So I guess I
have to look for a 7XX machine?

Anyone have a favorite that they recommend?  I suspect that this device
won't be addressable by anything other than HP-UX?

--
Rick McMullen