[rescue] HP machines for CRX48Z frame buffer

Marc Zyngier mzyngier at freesurf.fr
Tue Mar 5 04:48:43 CST 2002

>>>>> "Rick" == Rick McMullen <rbmcmjr at adelphia.net> writes:

Rick> Anyone have any idea into what type of machine this fits?  The
Rick> graphical installation instructions show a different card assembly than
Rick> what I have.  The pictures show a back side card like in the early 9000
Rick> series machines.  My package has what is clearly a bus-type card (part
Rick> # A4073-66001 ASY PCB GSIC INTERFACE) that plugs into a motherboard
Rick> slot and extends the interface out to a card slot (very PC-like,
Rick> although the connector is more like a SCSI or similar rather than a
Rick> blade type edge connector (e.g., PCI)).  I think that this is the
Rick> connector shown in the EISA slot for a 715?

GSC bus connector. My C100 have both EISA and GSC busses on the same
slot (a bit like shared ISA/PCI on PCs). The graphic board plugs into
the GSC connector, passes over the EISA bus, and the slot cover is
mush like a PC thing (with a db15 VGA connector).

Looks like being supported on a 715/100...

        M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.