[rescue] DEC vxt2000

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Tue Mar 5 01:16:27 CST 2002

Drew Whittle wrote:

> I've just rescued one of these things and from what I can see it is
> basically an Xterminal built out of some kind of VAX. (ie it's diskless
> etc)
>
> I believe it can be booted via mopd/dhcp/bootp if I have a boot image,
> does anyone have a boot image?

Yes, somewhere.

> Does anyone know much about them?

Yes. :-)
I've been dealing with such beasts from time to time. They are pretty
good at doing what they are designed for; X-serving. Pretty slow
otherwise. Some of'em has B/W graphics, and some are 1280x1024 8bit
graphics. Uses same serial keyboard and mouse as the DEC3000 and
VAXstation 3100/4000/VLC.

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB