[rescue] ipx hard drive mounts

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Mon Mar 4 15:37:52 CST 2002

>Does anyone know how one nails down a hard drive in an IPX? I can't

Four screws, two on each side of the drive.  There aren't holes for the
screws--more like an L cutout in the bracket so that you can just loosen
the screws and slide/lift the drive right out.

I _think_ some of the IPX mounting brackets had four mounting holes in a
square arrangement, which would mean yanking the metal bracket and
completely removing the screws to swap drives.

>obvious :(  For that matter, I'm also looking for cheap memory fur the
>po' little thing, memoryx has got it at Maybe $0.50 per meg ($32 for

If you find a really cheap source, let me know.  I'm a few sticks shy of
maxing out my machines too.

newell