[rescue] HP machines for CRX48Z frame buffer

Rick McMullen rbmcmjr at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 4 13:22:43 CST 2002

In the true spirit of bargain hunting (never buy something that isn't
on sale, but never fail to buy something that is), I have acquired a
frame buffer for some HP workstation.  It's HP part # A2091-66562 ASY
PCA BACKEND 2MEG, which is the CRX48Z.

Anyone have any idea into what type of machine this fits?  The
graphical installation instructions show a different card assembly than
what I have.  The pictures show a back side card like in the early 9000
series machines.  My package has what is clearly a bus-type card (part
# A4073-66001 ASY PCB GSIC INTERFACE) that plugs into a motherboard
slot and extends the interface out to a card slot (very PC-like,
although the connector is more like a SCSI or similar rather than a
blade type edge connector (e.g., PCI)).

--
Rick McMullen