[rescue] Re: Cool Sgi, with link this time

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 4 12:04:18 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 12:21:23PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   This is a TREMENDOUS amount of bang for the buck.  I suspect the
> prices on these machines have tanked because of the huge number of
> them that have been hitting the streets over the past year or two.

A year ago they were worth a lot more.  I think the real cause of the tanking
prices is that Octanes started being dumped.  If you don't need texturing
though, they are great machines.  Octanes are even more.  Certainly a lot
nicer than a P2 with TNT2 card (what I'm using for 3D work...).

--
Joshua D. Boyd